Founded in 1909 in 1935 Gilera acquired the rights to the Rondine four-cylinder engine which formed the basis for Gileras racing machines nearly forty years. Starting in the mid thirties Gilera developed a range of four-stroke engine machines that ranged from 100 to 500cc. After World War II Gilera dominated Grand Prix motorcycle racing winning the 500cc road racing world championship 6 times in 8 years. The Piaggio Group bought Gilera in 1969 which was finally shuttered in 1993. Piaggio still sells a scooter line under the Gilera brand.
C.C.A.: 90 Amp/Hr: 7
Replaces: Yuasa YB7A, 12N7-4A, CB 7-A
C.C.A.: 210 Amp/Hr: 14
Replaces: YTX14AHL-BS, YB14L-A2, YB14L-B2, 12N14-3A,CB14AL-A2